This is incredible, via Politico from today’s White House easter egg roll:
For those who can’t watch the video, this is what transpired:
1. As Trump walked past a group of his supporters, a kid yelled out asking for the president to sign his hat.
2. Trump stopped, smiled, and signed the hat.
3. The people thanked him, and congratulated him.
4. Trump then threw the hat into the crowd, away from the owner.
5. Everyone went “noooo!”
6. Trump didn’t care, proceeded to throw more hats.
Short of actually placing a bunch of his supporters on a golden rug, and proceeding to pull the rug out from under their feet, you will not find a better metaphor for how Trump seduced, and ultimately disappointed, the vast majority of his voters.