11 of 25
15. Sektor. We are supposed to see Sektor as evil because he gets really excited and committed about the idea of turning into a robot. He gives up his humanity entirely. Is that really so bad? I want to be a robot. Sign me up.
12 of 25
14. Smoke. Honestly, I didn't care that much about Smoke until everybody found out that he has beautiful silver flowing hair. I just want to see the beautiful hair that is hidden underneath all ninja masks. They all have it, right? At least, in Mortal Kombat's world, they seem to.
13 of 25
13. Sonya Blade. I would put Sonya higher on this list, because she always seemed really awesome to me and she's been my main in most Mortal Kombat games, but … she keeps getting back together with Johnny Cage. Sonya: you can and MUST do better.
14 of 25
12. Baraka. How can Baraka enunciate with those teeth? He should sound like Daffy Duck. Instead he has a creepy voice to go along with his face. Unrealistic, sure. But undeniably cool.
15 of 25
11. Reptile. Early iterations of Reptile made him look like just a human dude in a green outfit; over time he has become more and more of a reptile, all the way up to MKX, in which he is a full-blown lizard man. He's still cool, and all, but maybe the designers need to stop reading David Icke books?
16 of 25
10. Kitana. No one knows how to spell the name of the sword correctly anymore because of the way Princess Kitana spells her name. Plus she fights with fans, not a katana. Even so, her fans—and her outfits—are consistently delightful and deadly.
17 of 25
9. Jacqui Briggs. I don't know why Jax thought it was acceptable to name his daughter after himself, and also to give her almost the exact same cyber-enhanced arms, but maybe he just wanted to be sure the world knew who her dad was. She's only been around for one game and she has already 100% overshadowed her dad, though. Nobody tell him.
18 of 25
8. Cassie Cage. The best of her mom's moves, what little we could stand about her dad's attitude (that selfie Fatality), Ashly Burch's impeccable voice acting, a cute undercut, and a groin-smashing special move. Applause all around.
19 of 25
7. Scorpion. Scorpion is fine, okay? He's fine. I like the kunai, I like the yellow outfit, and I even like that "get over here" has been a Mortal Kombat line that refuses to die. But he's never been my favorite.
20 of 25
6. Sub-Zero II. Speaking of beauty hidden by ninja masks: holy shit, Sub-Zero in MKX. Plus, there's that scene where he invites Scorpion over for tea and the pair finally settles their differences. I can only assume the fanfiction pens are a-scratching.