- Latino Chino :Inspired by a something my character said while playing Feng Shui. I just thought it would be fun to mix a little bit of techno with some traditional latin instruments and riffs.
- Rude Spike : An homage to one of my favourite characters from the TV show "Buffy the Vampire Slayer"
- Just Three Days : Received a new guitar as a gift and was asked to see what I could do with it. This is what I can do with it.
- Cinema Shuffle : Working with a more organic and less 'techno' sounding. I was especially focused on getting a decent 'strings' sound.
- Anna's Theme : A piece of music I wrote for my wife Anna before we were married.
- Particulates : Funny how brains work. A friend of mine had started documenting mix-tapes he had made years earlier and making new ones. This got me to thinking about all the really cool mix tapes I had received over the years and that lead me to this. I'm not sure how it ties together but at the time it made all the sense in the world.
- Star Schema : Trying to tone down the 'electronica' portion and work on the instrument I know the best: piano. I like this piece a lot more than others do.
- Drop It/Drop It Redux : "Drop It" and "Drop It Redux" are two mixes of the same song. I like the Redux version significantly better. I think it's mixed better and has more interesting overtones.
- A Pedantical Long Pelt : The first piece I did when I switched from Windows (XP at the time) to Apple Mac (OSX on a G4 Powerbook). I recorded the audio and did the midi all in GarageBand which was kind of nice, but way less expressive than Cubase which was what I used previously.
- Dime Tilted Manacles : Mixing midi and audio recordings of me playing instruments live.
- Feather Lullaby : A lullaby I wrote for my baby daughter, Sophia. It's a simple melody and I still like it.
The Music of Tangential Cold has been found at:
- Dave Shot First: A super-hero noir drama podcast
- Stirling The Movie: An independent movie
- Radio Six International: An online radio station out of the United Kingdom
- KHPI: An online radio station specializing in Latin music
- The Linux Link Tech Show: A linux tech podcast
- LUGRadio: A linux radio station
- And others who have used it for their own movies and other works under the CC license.
Music is under Creative Commons: Attribution-ShareAlike 2.0 Generic (CC BY-SA 2.0)
- Attribution — You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.
- ShareAlike — If you remix, transform, or build upon the material, you must distribute your contributions under the same license as the original.
No additional restrictions — You may not apply legal terms or technological measures that legally restrict others from doing anything the license permits.