“Realtime” bridges the gap in composition between old and new folk music instrumentation. It
represents passion and epiphany that flow from the tension of two
colliding worlds—American folk music and its symbiosis with synthesis,
the new frontier in global folk music.
"Realtime" was created as the live soundtrack component of an experimental performance art piece by
&yet, RealtimeConf, which converged a software conference with a
fourth-wall-breaking theatric experience that concluded a socio-political suspense novel and graphic novel released in serial form.
- Producers: Ben Michel, Danny O’Hanlon, Kevin Lee Florence
- Recording Engineer: Danny O’Hanlon at Bungalow 9 Studios, Portland OR
- Mastering Engineer: Timothy Stollenwerk at Sterophonic Mastering, Portland OR
- Album Art: Amy Taylor
Michel: Piano, Acoustic Guitar, Hammered Dulcimer, Longneck Banjo,
Electric Bass Guitar, Theremin, Sheet-Metal, Synthesizers, Korg SV-1
(Organ, Wurlitzer Electric Piano), Analog/Digital Effects Modules,
- Jonathan Moore: Drum Kit, Sheet-Metal, Washboard, Hammond C3 Organ w/Leslie.
- Danny O’Hanlon: Electric Bass Guitar, Alesis MMT-8 Sequencer, Analog/Digital Effects Modules.
- Kurtis Holsapple: Electric Bass Guitar.
- Luke Price: Violin.
DX7, Yamaha CS20m, Clavia Nord Lead 2, Casio CZ-1, Casio SK-1, Korg
SV-1, Moog Etherwave Theremin, Alesis MMT-8, Electro-Harmonix V256
Vocoder, Commodore 64 Computer (MSSIAH / SID2SID), Texas Instruments
Speech Synthesizer (TI-994/A Computer).
Analog/Digital Effects Modules: Maestro
EchoPlex EP-3, Roland Space Echo RE-201, Lexicon PCM70, Lexicon Prime
Time, Eventide Ultra-Harmonizer H3000, Electro Harmonix Wiggler, Electro
Harmonix Poly Chorus.
© 2014 Ben Michel
NoiseTrade is a user-generated platform where fans can trade their email addresses for free music and books. All content is provided by users and does not indicate an endorsement from the Paste editorial staff. Create an artist or author account from a desktop or laptop to upload your own content and connect to new fans today.