This EP was recorded in one day with one simple room-microphone, no overdubs or editing, in Marc Bodenmann's living room near Zurich. This chill session led to five songs, three of which are classic folk-songs and two are new originals by Switzerland-based quartet By The Way.
- Keep on the sunny side: This song was written by Ada Blenkhorn (1858–1927) with music by J. Howard Entwisle (1866–1903). It was made popular by the Carter Family in the late 1920ies. The song gained new popularity after being featured in the movie "O brother, where art thou?". Lead vocals on this version: Angela Kilchoer.
- Who's gonna shoe my pretty little foot: This one's a traditional American folk-song which has been sung by many artists. Woody Guthrie made it very popular in the 1940ies. This version is inspired by Noriana Kennedy's. Lead vocals: Rachel Scheibler.
- Lighthouse: A new song written by Marc Bodenmann about the search for love. He sings lead vocals on this one.
- Runaway Suzy: A new song written by David Kilchoer about a girl that kinda gets lost in the woods and miraculously returns home again. He sings lead vocals on this one.
- Tide full in: This song was written by Irish nationalist poet Francis Arthur Fahy (1854 – 1935). It's a sweet song about a wife waiting for her husband to come home from America where he was eager to make a fortune. This version is inspired by the interpretation by Fine Friday. Lead vocals: Rachel Scheibler
Angela Kilchoer: Vocals, Guitar, Banjo
Rachel Scheibler: Vocals, Fiddle
Marc Bodenmann: Vocals, Guitar
David Kilchoer: Vocals, Low-Whistles, Banjo, Ukulele
NoiseTrade is a user-generated platform where fans can trade their email addresses for free music and books. All content is provided by users and does not indicate an endorsement from the Paste editorial staff. Create an artist or author account from a desktop or laptop to upload your own content and connect to new fans today.